Start your online degree program the right way.
Every student in the College Online Program will need to complete an online orientation seminar, available in Blackboard, before being eligible to enroll. The orientation seminar will include the following:
- Welcome message from Dr. Paul Atchley, the Associate Dean of Online and Professional Education for the College.
- An in-depth navigation tour of Blackboard from login to beginning an online course.
- Interactive look at an online course.
- Information on how to succeed in the online learning environment. Topics covered will include:
- Communicating with your instructor
- Connecting with fellow students
- Staying engaged with online learning
- Working with your advisor
- Tutorials on using KU's student success tools, such as:
- Navigating Enroll and Pay
- Using the MyKU Portal
- Reading the Degree Progress Report (DPR)