Plus 12 Program
The College of Liberal Arts & Sciences Online: Plus 12 Program
The College Online is proud to announce the Plus 12 Program which offers eligible, past KU students an opportunity to finish their KU degree. Upon completion of a set of 4 online courses, students in the Plus 12 Program will earn the Liberal Arts & Sciences-BGS degree. The cost is a flat rate of $3,497.80 for qualified students, regardless of where you live.
Returning Jayhawks take four Required Online Courses:
- A Career Development Course
- LA&S 475: Professional Career Management or LA&S 485: Global Career Management
- An Ethics course
- PHIL 360: Moral Issues in Business or PHIL 368: Moral Issues in Sports
- A World Culture course
- World Culture Course (list of approved courses changes per semester)
- A Capstone course
- LA&S 494: Liberal Arts & Sciences Capstone
The program is structured so it can be completed in one academic year, with one class per 8-week minimester!
- Must have had a break in attendance from KU of 3 years or more
- Need 12 hours or less to graduate
- Must have 70+ credit hours completed within the College of Liberal Arts & Sciences
- Must meet University-level requirements such as: 120 overall hours toward degree, 45 Jr/Sr (300+) level hours, 2.00 overall KU GPA, 30 hours in residence at KU (includes KU Online)
- Must complete the specified set of courses online
Please Note: Additional requirements may apply depending on individual student records. In order to determine if you qualify for the program, please complete the information request form.
We encourage all students who think they may be eligible to inquire into the Plus 12 Program, as students who may not qualify for Plus 12 may be a perfect fit for our online degree completion program which also leads to award of the Liberal Arts & Sciences-BGS degree.