The online Psychology-BGS degree is identical to the on-campus degree option, and follows the same requirements and academic rigor. All Psychology major courses are offered in the 8-week, minimester format.
Four Main Components of the Psychology Major:
- Introductory courses (10 credit hours):
- MATH 101: College Algebra (pre-requisite knowledge)
- PSYC 102: Orientation Seminar in Psychology (1 credit)
- PSYC 104: General Psychology (3 credits)
- PSYC 200: Research Methods in Psychology (3 credits)
- PSYC 210: Statistics in Psychological Research (3 credits)
- Core courses (15 credit hours):
- PSYC 318: Cognitive Psychology (3 credits)
- PSYC 333: Child Development (3 credits)
- PSYC 350: Abnormal Psychology (3 credits)
- PSYC 360: Social Psychology (3 credits)
- PSYC 375: Cognitive Neuroscience (3 credits)
- Diversity, Equity, and Ethical Behavior (3 credit hours):
- PSYC 465: Stereotypes and Prejudice Across Cultures
- Electives in Psychology (12 credit hours). Commonly offered electives:
- PSYC 120: Personality
- PSYC 410: Intimate Relationships
- PSYC 483: Undergraduate Internship in Psychology
- PSYC 502: Human Sexuality
- PSYC 566: Psychology and the Law
- PSYC 690 Psychology of Creativity
In addition to the Psychology major requirements, and the University requirements below, completion of a minor field of study 18-21 credit hours, is also required. Minors offered online include Communication Studies and History. More options may be available depending on your transfer credit.
Transfer credit evaluation will determine the requirements a student has left to complete the Psychology-BGS degree. Therefore it is important to submit your transcripts as soon as possible for evaluation. To determine how your transfer credit will apply, use our self-service Credit Transfer system. For help on how to use the Credit Transfer system, use this tutorial.
All undergraduate students at the University of Kansas are required to fulfill University requirements
|KU Core||Completion of all Six Goals of the KU Core|
|Overall Degree Hours||120 credit hours of applicable degree credit|
|Junior/Senior Hours||45 credit hours taken at the Junior/Senior (300+) level, of which 30 must be taken in residence at KU (includes KU Online)|
|In Residence Hours||30 hours minimum, of the 120 needed to graduate, must be taken in residence at KU (includes KU Online)|
|Grade Point Average||2.00 minimum GPA in KU Coursework is required for graduation|
To find out more, complete the Request for Information form.