The College Online: Scholarship Opportunity
The College Online is pleased to offer a need-based, $1,000 scholarship to eligible students in the online program. Eligible students must have:
- Applied and been accepted into the College Online Program
- Completed the application form along with,
- A 500-word essay
- Completed the FAFSA to demonstrate financial need
There is not a deadline for the application as the College Online has 5 start dates throughout the academic year. We will update our website when all scholarships have been awarded for the current year. If all scholarships have been awarded for the year, you are welcome to submit an application for the upcoming year.
This scholarship is non-renewable.
Your essay should cover 3 key points:
- What led you to complete your degree online at KU?
- Tell us who, besides yourself, will be positively impacted when you complete your KU degree?
- What steps do you plan to take to ensure your academic success?
This scholarship is for students who are determined to have financial need based on the FAFSA, but recipients will be chosen largely based on their essay. Your essay should thoroughly discuss the 3 key points listed above. The essay should be typed in Times New Roman, 12 point font, with one-inch margins.
At the top of your essay please remember to include your first and last name.
Download a copy of the scholarship requirements and instructions here.
Additional scholarship (and loan) opportunities:
- Private and State Scholarships: http://privateschol.dept.ku.edu/Final_Table.php
- Non-Traditional Student Scholarships: https://silc.ku.edu/non-traditional-scholarships
- KU Endowment Loans: http://www.kuendowment.org/Resources/Student-Loans