Online Enrollment Process
Online Enrollment for Summer and Fall 2020
The College Online will reserve spots in online courses across the College in order to ensure we continue to offer a fully online degree option for our online students. However, there will be an increased demand for online courses this summer and fall due to social distancing and COVID-19 concerns. We are working to increase capacity in online courses for the summer and fall, but in the meantime continue to follow the enrollment guidance below.
Tips for enrolling in online courses in the College of Liberal Arts & Sciences:
- Always try to enroll in the course first. Not all courses have reserved spots. All summer online courses are open for enrollment.
- If upon trying to enroll you get blocked, do the following:
- Search for an alternate course that may fit your needs. Be bold and explore a new area of study!
- Meet with your regular advisor to determine an alternate course.
- Add yourself to the waitlist in Enroll and Pay. Instructions here.
- Edwards sections that require department consent, are only available for students officially designated as Edwards campus students. If spots are still available by the dates listed above, they will be moved into the Lawrence section and made available to those on the waitlist, and then general enrollment.
Reserves spots for the fall will be removed for open enrollment as of August 10, 2020 for August start courses, and October 12, 2020 for October starts.
We will no longer be taking petition requests to enroll in online courses in the College.
Instead, students will need to follow the process listed above. If you are on the waitlist and you get added to the class, you will receive a notification from the Registrar's office alerting you to this enrollment. Be sure to check your KU Email!
Frequently Asked Questions:
Below you will find answers to frequently asked questions regarding the enrollment process for online courses.