Online Enrollment Process
Winter 2019 and Spring 2020 online course enrollment (College of Liberal Arts & Sciences):
Any reserved spots in online courses for winter and spring will be made available for open enrollment on the following dates:
- Winter - December 6th, 2020
- First minimester spring - January 7th, 2020
- Full semester spring - January 7th, 2020
- Second minimester spring - March 6, 2020
Tips for enrolling in online courses in the College of Liberal Arts & Sciences:
- Always try to enroll in the course first. Not all courses have reserved spots.
- If upon trying to enroll you get blocked, do the following:
- Search for an alternate course that may fit your needs. Be bold and explore a new area of study!
- Meet with your regular advisor to determine an alternate course.
- Add yourself to the waitlist in Enroll and Pay. Instructions here.
- Edwards sections that require department consent, are only available for students officially designated as Edwards campus students. If spots are still available by the dates listed above, they will be moved into the Lawrence section and made available to those on the waitlist, and then general enrollment.
We will no longer be taking petition requests to enroll in online courses in the College.
Instead, students will need to follow the process listed above. If you are on the waitlist and you get added to the class, you will receive a notification from the Registrar's office alerting you to this enrollment. Be sure to check your KU Email!
Frequently Asked Questions:
Below you will find answers to frequently asked questions regarding the enrollment process for online courses.