Online Enrollment Process
Tips for enrolling in online courses in the College of Liberal Arts & Sciences:
- Always try to enroll in the course first. Not all courses have reserved spots.
- If upon trying to enroll you get blocked, do the following:
- Search for an alternate course that may fit your needs. Be bold and explore a new area of study!
- Meet with your regular advisor to determine an alternate course.
- Add yourself to the waitlist in Enroll and Pay. Instructions here.
- Edwards sections that require department consent, are only available for students on the Edwards campus. If spots are still available by the dates listed below, they will be moved into the Lawrence section and made available to those on the waitlist, and then general enrollment.
We will no longer be taking petition requests to enroll in online courses in the College.
Instead, students will need to follow the process listed above. If you are on the waitlist and you get added to the class, you will receive a notification from the Registrar's office alerting you to this enrollment. Be sure to check your KU Email!
Any available spots in online courses will be opened for general enrollment as follows:
Winter 2018 reserved spots available for enrollment:
- November 30, 2018
Spring 2019 reserved spots available for enrollment:
- 1st Minimester - January 4, 2019
- 2nd Minimester - March 8, 2019
- Full semester courses - January 4, 2019
Frequently Asked Questions:
Below you will find answers to frequently asked questions regarding the enrollment process for online courses.