The College Online: Scholarship Opportunity
The College Online is pleased to offer a scholarship of up to $2,000 to eligible students in the online program. Eligible students must have:
- Applied and been accepted into the College Online Program
- A 2.5 GPA for course work in an in-person or online program (exceptions are made for extenuating circumstances)
- Completed the application form
- Completed a 400-500 word essay
There are two application deadlines:
- April 15 for fall semester scholarships
- November 15 for spring semester scholarships
- All scholarships for the Spring 2023 semester have been awarded. Please consider applying for the Fall 2023 term.
Select one of the following prompts when writing your essay that explains why you should be a College Online scholarship recipient:
- How has attending the College Online benefited your educational goals?
- Please describe an achievement you have completed while in the College Online that you are especially proud of.
- How do you see yourself or someone else benefiting from the completion of your KU degree?
The 400-500 word essay should be typed in Times New Roman, 12 point font, with one-inch margins.
At the top of your essay please remember to include your first and last name.
Additional scholarship (and loan) opportunities:
- Private and State Scholarships: http://privateschol.dept.ku.edu/Final_Table.php
- Non-Traditional Student Scholarships: https://silc.ku.edu/non-traditional-scholarships
- KU Endowment Loans: http://www.kuendowment.org/Resources/Student-Loans